Thursday, December 25, 2014

Delight & Treats

Beyond death and taxes, I have come across two more certainties in life. 

The first is 'this too shall pass'. Whether you are happy (yay!), sad (aaahh!), proud (yay!), disappointed (aaahh!), excited (yay!), anxious (aah!) or fulfilled (yay!). For those who love Christmas day, savour it and the time you get to spend with friends and family. For those for whom it is a bit tough, tomorrow is Boxing Day. For me that means test match cricket. The season is short either way.

The second certainty is Beacon Turkish Delight from my Mom. I absolutely love the stuff, but only on Christmas and my Birthday... and truth be told, it has to come from my Mom. Little treats that happen every now and then. Like Hot Cross Buns and (again Beacon) Marshmallow Easter Eggs.

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas day. Eat, drink and be merry! ... or Sit, reflect and be grateful. Whatever choice of delight is your favourite.


No comments: