Saturday, January 28, 2017

Resonance

The ideas of Free Will and Identity are closely tied. I am increasingly trying to identify with multiple simple connections, multiple relationships, rather than the 'unit' Trevor Black. I am witness to the conflicting emotions, and thoughts that drive my decisions. I know that life has far more control over me than I have over it. How I respond seems far more significant than what I plan. My resilience, or ability to respond, in a way that resonates with the connections I have made appeals more than the idea of self determination. That requires making time and space for those relationships. Building triggers to keep their music part of the moments that make up my day. Spending time remembering why what matters to me does. So that when my emotional cocktail kicks in, it is supportive rather than disruptive.




No comments: