Thursday, May 02, 2019

Just Okay

Living within constraints doesn't sound sexy. Neither does thinking inside the box. This is partly because we are constantly fed stories about outliers. When we think Tennis, we think Roger Federer. When we think Football, we think Ronaldo. Communicating... Oprah. Singing... BeyoncĂ©. Our categories are defined by dreams and extremes. I am interested in the average. In okay. In small steps. My favourite word is "Kuier". It is an Afrikaans word which describes spending time with people we are close to with no particular purpose. It is a warm word. One which inspires contentment and gratitude. Very average moments, that we should fill our lives with. I love Federer. But I love my buddy Stu (who loves Federer) more. We are just two average guys who enjoy a Kuier.

Red Juice makes for a better Kuier

No comments: