Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Chipping Away

The thing I work hardest on is accepting noise. Accepting wildness and randomness. Finding comfort in ambiguity and discomfort. Returning to an internal source of joy which I can build on. Coming to peace terms with constraints. 

Not building up hope that something is going to happen, and then it doesn’t happen. But also not expecting the world to be horrible, painful, and cruel. 

It comes down to the practical reality of what each day looks like. How am I going to wake up? The longer periods build on each other. The idea around 10,000 hours of purposeful practice. Hours that are meaningful and consciously lived. 

What is it I am learning? What am I building? What is my (evolving) path? Not as a tool for separating myself from others and creating a hierarchy where I am better, or good enough. 

Just a practice for grappling with stuff I find fascinating. Doing something that grabs my attention and develops my skills and knowledge. 

Reflecting on why I react in the way I do. Noticing when I am in situations that scream of the past, or where the past screams. 

Competitive Advantages are often not what you are good at. They are the container in which you are operating. One of the most effective containers is difficulty. If hard doesn’t scare you. An easy path is easy for everybody... it has no container. 

If you want to find creative problems that are really going to engage you, the challenge lies in chipping away at things that are hard.



No comments: