Monday, August 09, 2010

A Glimpse of Possibility

Last year, I started writing about my new found hobby of Yoga. I mentioned the 'First Steps' I took towards the headstand, and then the realisation that it doesn't come quickly and sometimes you feel like you are going backwards or starting again. Well, I can now get into a headstand, but that is not the point of this post.

Part of why I really enjoy Yoga is that it feels like you are just scratching the surface. There is always another step to take. Every now and then you get 'a glimpse of possibility'. That is when you can't do something, but you realise that with some effort you can.

I got that in a class yesterday when we attempted a handstand. I couldn't do it. Far from it. But just for a split second, with someone lightly supporting my legs, I felt a moment of balance. It was possible.

Exciting times.


1 comment:

Sid said...

Ha. This is currently how I feel about running. I love how much I've progressed and realising that I'm capable of way more than I'd originally assumed.

Thinking of taking up yoga soon. Hoping that yoga will improve my surfing. I figure that the poses I learn from yoga will strengthen my core muscles and improve my balance.