Thursday, October 08, 2009

Starting again

Well not quite starting again, but slowing down. I was quite chuffed when almost three weeks ago, I wrote about my first steps getting into a headstand in Yoga. Despite the fact that I said, 'I am sure it will be some time before I can do one unassisted'... somehow in my mind I could see myself getting into it pretty quickly.

Not to be. Every class, there is a little progress but not always forward in the way I would like.

Friedrich Nietzsche said:

'On the mountains of truth you can never climb in vain: either you will reach a point higher up today, or you will be training your powers so that you will be able to climb higher tomorrow.'
I have always loved that quote, and I think it is true. Sometimes it doesn't feel like it though. In order to get up into that perfect headstand, I need to slow down and work on each step. But I thought I was going to be able to just zip up.

Obviously this is more applicable to much more serious things than headstands! Also, don't get me wrong, as you would have seen by the regular Yoga posts, I am somewhat of a convert. I do feel like I am progressing in each class. It feels awesome.

Sometimes it feels like you are starting again, but you aren't.

No comments: