Saturday, October 11, 2008

Google Reader

Ok, so here is how this shared item thing works.

By going to a blog you like reading, and adding the web address to your `subscriptions', the `reader' automatically pulls content from those blogs and puts it in one place, in my case at www.google.com/reader.

The stuff I like, I can star or share. Star means I can come back to posts I enjoyed, share means I can make them available for others to read.

If you click on `read more' under my shared items on the right of my blog, it will take you to what looks exactly like a blog, except it isn't my posts, it is the posts I have read and find interesting.

Well... it may be my posts, if I particularly like a post I have written and want to add it there.

Anyway...

I think this is a great idea. There is so much stuff out there, the more filters we create, and the more we help each other find the gems out there the better.

Exciting times.

No comments: