Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Having a Default

I am still reading `Black Swan'. Yes, I know it has been a while, but I have a few stops and some walking on my route from Putney to Oxford Circus and well... ok. No more excuses.

Having thrown every reason at me why it is pointless to try a predict the future, and to give very little value to anything you think is true just because you have seen it lots of times... the next chapter promises to talk about what to do about it.

As in... just because you think you are probably wrong doesn't necessarily mean you have to extract yourself from participating in life. Even if I was convinced that that was the right approach, I would probably ignore it. Since I like participating.

The idea of coming up with `bold conjectures' but then being your own biggest critic appeals. But, you have to act. Every day we have to make decisions.

Abstaining is an action. Choosing not to act is an action.

The world moves forward, and so do we.

No comments: