Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Wicked!

It took a little convincing, but I got three friends who hadn't even watched the wizard of oz to go to Wicked with me last night. I was surprised... I really thought Oz was a part of most people's growing up. Saying's like showing someone what's 'going on behind the curtain' etc. are obviously not as common as I thought.

I panicked a bit in the opening scene when I thought I may take some serious abuse. But as the story warmed up, I was really enjoying the clever twists and turns on such a 'well known story'.



Much like Clint Eastwood's two films from two sides with 'Iwo Jima' and 'Flags of our Fathers', and Heroes where you can't really tell which side is good and which is not.

It reminded me of a book I have been wanting to read by Philip Zimbardo called 'The Lucifer Effect'. It challenges the concept of good and evil and whether or not there are good or evil people.

There are lines in 'Wicked' that are very clever. The old concept of the victor writing the history books. Everyone else who disagrees with you and your concept of morality being evil, and everyone who agrees with you being good.

No comments: