Thursday, December 10, 2009

Trying not to drink the Kool-aid

This afternoon I went to a talk by James Montier at a CFA UK authors series seminar. He has just released a book on Value Investing.

Unlike Nassim Taleb who also goes around telling most investors they are wrong, people seem to like Montier. I like him to, maybe partly because I agree with most of what he says. I know that is supposed to send off warning bells that you are drinking the kool-aid, I bought his book and will try to read it cynically.

I have read one of his books before: Behavioural Finance: insights into irrational minds and markets which was a bit more technical. I think this one promises to be more entertaining with one chapter entitled 'CAPM is crap', he goes straight for the jugular saying most of what I others who studied investing at university was wrong.

Should be interesting.

No comments: