Sunday, January 15, 2017

Faith

Constraint has value. Escape hatches have real costs. I value change, and critique, more than I value faith, but I see the value in faith. It can be beautiful. I can't sufficiently contain my curiosity in some areas to sustain faith without challenge. In other areas I have forced myself. Built trust in others. Choice can be as much of an impediment to understanding as blind faith. To go deeper, at some point you have to accept an end to going wider. Call that faith. Call that trust. We will always be ignorant. All we can do is choose our basket of ignorance. Strong relationships, founded on trust, let us go further as we expand our idea of who we are. Placing faith in those relationships, and making the choice to work at never letting them break is the choice I make.


No comments: