Monday, November 06, 2017

Asking and Offering

Those who study animals in the wild have a dilemma. Wild animals spend a lot of time looking for food. If the interested humans provide the food, the animals will come to them. If they don't, the humans need to go looking. Food changes the behaviour though, so even though it is easier - they don't actually get to see what they are looking for. I think the same is true of money. It makes asking and offering a lot easier. I have money. The stuff you are offering has a price. I give you the money. You give me the stuff. Job done. Asking and offering without money or a market, is hard. I don't know what you can do. I don't know what is fair to ask. I don't know what you want to do. I suspect like pigeons who have discovered Trafalgar Square, many of us (myself very much included) are terrible at asking and offering. 


No comments: