Friday, December 28, 2007

Scared?

Many people do Art at school, and then never paint or draw again. We all write at school, and very few of us write for pleasure or to share our opinions after school. Why? I figure it is because we get judged when we put something out there. We are scared of just writing a little something here, drawing a little something there. Picasso in my opinion was partly as great as he was because of a lack of fear. He was quite happy to do a little drawing here or there, and didn’t give a toss what people thought. He was a prolific artist. There are some of his pieces we will look at and be amazed by, and others that will not move us at all. Did he care?

I don’t draw as often as I should. I don’t paint, and I don’t write as often as I could. I feel like every drawing and painting should be brilliant, and every piece of writing well thought out. That is something I would like to change…

My friend Stuart writes a lot… most of what he writes is crap. (See www.liberatorr.blogspot.com ) I can say it is crap since I don’t think he cares what I think, and he is also not worried about losing his huge readership of which I make up between 15% and 33%. But it doesn’t stop him… and that is inspirational. So I am going to try write more often… apologies in advance.

2 comments:

Stuart said...

good strategy for generating comments, insulting the people most likely to read your blog.

It also frees me up to be less diplomatic in dealing with excretable stuff that'll no doubt be appearing here in the future.

Trevor Black said...

That was the idea...

led to a 300% increase in the number of comments on my blogg!

from 1 to 4 in 1 day!

Projecting 300%/day for 365 days, I should have a more popular site than facebook by next year!

score