Monday, January 26, 2009

Tribes

I realise fully that I am somewhat of a disciple of Seth Godin, so my opinion should be taken with a pinch of salt... but do yourself a favour and get a copy of Tribes.

First person to ask for my copy in the comments section of this post can have it (as long as you give it to someone else when you finish it and tell them to do the same etc.)

Here is a paragraph from the book:
If you hear my idea but don't believe it, that's not your fault; it's mine.
If you see my new product but don't buy it, that's my failure, not yours.
If you attend my presentation and you are bored, that's my fault too.
I do worry that some people will pick up his book, or read some of his posts and dismiss him as another loud American with something to sell. But the marketing of which Godin speaks is not sales. And it is not just for people in business. Whether you are a doctor, psychologist, teacher, engineer, accountant or just someone who has an interest in... well anything...

His ideas if you follow his blog daily will get you thinking. It will spur you on to action in the most genuine possible way.

He is not hot air, so put aside your (largely justified) cynicism against the idea of marketing, and give the book a go. Spend a couple of minutes every now and then reading his blog.

No comments: