Friday, September 09, 2016

Leave Your Ego

I enjoyed going to the conferences of the Profession I belonged to. It felt like a reunion of the people whose paths I had crossed - students, teachers, clients, and colleagues. Most of all it extracted me from defining myself excessively by the particular company I was working for at the time. The mantra of 'leave your ego at the door' can fast allow the company to become your ego. Your selflessness just shifting the selfishness to an imagined being. The company as a person. An interesting or difficult project, and office politics can fast fill both your emotional and intellectual worlds to capacity. You become the work. Conferences can allow you to 'leave your ego at the company'. They act as a reminder of being part of something bigger.

No comments: