Friday, October 27, 2017

A Little Kindness

With the world more connected we jump from big thorny issue to big thorny issue. Any single one of these things is very difficult to unravel. Like fighting wars on many fronts. I am not much of a believer in two things. (1) That we can multi-task, and (2) That we care about the opinions of people who don't care about us. I have had a very difficult year. My bandwidth is uber-stretched. I don't think weakness is the opposite of strength. Disconnection is. I don't think I am alone in having had a difficult year. Part of my struggle has been that those I care about are struggling. It seems everyone is struggling. Somehow we need to get a little better at letting people focus on chipping away at one little thing at a time, and caring about them enough to show we are on their side. I need that. I am willing to give that.

Big Issue, Little Issue

No comments: