Thursday, May 16, 2019

Strength in Now


We often start with the destination in our planning. Dreaming of the type of future we want. Life has thrown me too many curveballs for that to be my approach. I am a bigger believer in strengthening the position I am in now. Strengthening my ability to (1) stay in the game for the long term, and (2) respond to the unexpected in a positive way.  Work on my endurance. Work on my resilience. That puts me in a better position to build a creative daily practice. Micro-ambitious plans that dream, but dream fuzzily. Dream in multiple directions. Dream without fixating. Constantly be learning, adapting, unlearning, building, and rebuilding. Bill Gates says, ‘most people overestimate what they can do in one year and underestimate what they can do in ten years.’ I believe that comes down to a little bit of creativity every day. Consistently compounding.

"Wanderer above a sea of fog"
Caspar David Friedrich

No comments: